Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December Dilemma

It seems strange to me that I could easily pull colors for my daily stitching for every month except December.  Both in 2016 and 2017, I hit a wall there.  Maybe because the month is complicated with more time focused inside than outdoors.  If I used the actual seasonal colors I'm seeing out my window, everything would be pretty much drab gray, black and evergreen.  But then inside, everything is sparkly and colorful.  And emotionally, I'm all over the place in December.  Lots of festivities and activities, but also a lot of peaceful family time, with a little family drama thrown in.

Maybe I gave up trying, but last year I settled on a very neutral palette, with more leaning towards the whites and creams.  We were snowed in much of Dec. last year, so that certainly contributed.


Many of the components are very simple.


But then there are busier ones too.



And I had to add a pop of festive color, so I went with some red here and there.



It's hard to believe that I will be wrapping these projects up in a couple weeks.  I'm getting ready for a new start, although I still don't know what it will be!  I'm hoping for a flash of inspiration very, very soon.

No comments: