Friday, September 29, 2017

Summer Celebration

Looks like this will be the last of three paintings in the little fresh air painting series, painted when Portland was covered in smoke and I was craving fresh, clear air and colors.  I started a fourth, but it seems to have a mind of its own and is already starting to attract some fall colors that go in a new direction.

"Summer Celebration", acrylic on paper, 16x20"
 I have really been enjoying these books I found in the library.  They have introduced me to new abstract painters I didn't know about.  This first one is my favorite full of abstract work and gorgeous mark making.


This one contains more realism, but is also full of interesting work.


Asian Traditions/Modern Expressions edited by Jeffrey Wheeler
Asian/American/Modern Art, Shifting Currents, 1900-1970 eds. Cornell and Johnson

No comments: