Friday, August 4, 2017

Stitching Catch-Up

I'm back from a wonderful trip to Stockholm and then cruising around the Baltic Sea area.  I was so hoping to share pictures, but after a week of trying to get photos from my iphone to a non-compatible computer, I give up.  I think I'm starting to see the real value of Instagram.  Maybe if my tech skills improve suddenly, I'll post bits of inspiration from the trip.

Now I'm back to daily stitching.  My July daily stitch is actually a cheater this month.  I had high hopes of stitching daily on my trip, but the reality was that after busy days, then planning out the itinerary for the next busy day, all I could do is drop into bed with a book.  Thanks to that and some long flights, I did read 2 very good books-- Miller's Valley by Anna Quindlen, and The Girls by Emma Cline, and one great one--A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.

So now I catch up on a month of daily stitching in one week.  I really don't like doing it that way.  When I'm doing a bit each day, I'm much more aware of the marks I see around me, but at least I caught up.

Here's July 2017 stitch project.  It doesn't look too different from June, but the colors have intensified.





Now I have some painting exercises I want to start.  It always takes me a while to get moving after a trip, so I'm doing it in baby steps.

No comments: