Friday, May 12, 2017

Last in a Series

This is the last painting in my Nia series, at least for now.  I am drawn to the idea of joyful moments suddenly appearing out of the darkness, so I have a feeling I'll be returning to this.  I'm keeping up a list of more titles from bits of Nia songs that I may want to use in the future.  Dancing in Nia class always lifts me out of any funk I'm having.  Even on days when I have to drag myself to class, I never leave in a bad mood.  In painting I often like to start off with dark underpinnings and then do some brightening on top to shift the mood from darkness to light playfulness.  In this case, I even added a little neon pink on top, which really popped up the cheer.

"In the Land of My Dreams", acrylic on paper, 11x14"

3 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Those interesting marks and colors...a great addition to your series!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

One of my favorites and love the mark making.

Robin Olsen said...

Thanks for the nice comments Suzanne and Paula. This ended up being one of my favorites too.