Friday, May 19, 2017

Blob Paintings

I love blob paintings!  Maybe there's a more elegant term for them, but I don't know what it is. They're paintings that look like like paint was poured on the page and some scribbles quickly added.  They are fresh, playful and spontaneous.

I adore Heather Day's work.  I always wondered how she got such loose, fluid paintings.  Don't miss the video on her site that shows her process.  She works large and very wet using buckets even.

Heather Day

Heather Day
I also love Therese Murdza's work.  Again they are so playful and free.


Therese Murdza
This piece of multiples is especially fabulous.  Such gorgeous colors and I love the added bowl-shaped lines.

Therese Murdza
While I had my pinks and oranges out, I decided to do a little brush cleaning and play around with some blobs.  I also used charcoal which mainly left a mess.  Mine still leave a lot to be desired, but it's a fun way to loosen up and use the bits left on the palette.  I'll keep playing with it.




No comments: