Friday, March 31, 2017

When You're Smiling

After posting all those blues and grays from my Breathing Space series, I was ready to play with a new palette.  I am exploring some of the ideas from Breathing Space, but with bright, cheery colors.  To keep them from getting too sweet, I am tempering them with black or charcoal.

I started this one to work on that open center composition again.  I was in my Nia class and Louis Armstrong's "When You're Smiling" was one of the songs we danced to.  It immediately made me feel happy, and I knew it was the title for this painting.

"When You're Smiling" acrylic on paper, 11x14"

2 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Love the colors, energy and openness of this painting.

Robin Olsen said...

Thanks Paula! It seemed to be what I needed after too many gray days.