Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Abrupt Transitions

Thinking I'd smoothly transition between winter and spring colors for my March 2016 daily stitch project, I laid them all out orderly, but it didn't seem right.  We've moved from winter to spring so many times this month, that it needed to reflect the random nature of the month.  So a little winter, followed by a hint of spring, right into a plunge back into winter--that felt right.  I really like this month's colors of some soft, pretties, grounded with the black, whites and neutrals to keep them from getting too sweet.  And a few pops of brights for the surprises of the season.

I've found that my favorite times of year are the transitions between each season.  I like the subtle shifts that occur or the downright surprises of change from one day to the next.







No comments: