Friday, June 25, 2010

Inspiration

I'm a big admirer of Heike's work over at Gerdiary. I love her restraint with color and her subtle shifts of texture. Her work always seems to have a calming effect to it. So I was very happy when this little piece arrived in the mail for a touch of calm inspiration for my studio wall. Her gentle touch is even better in person.

I've also been finding this book very inspirational. It has many artists whom I've never seen before. And an added bonus is Heike's work is included here too.


Hard to read on that yellow background, but it's 1000 Artisan Textiles by Sandra Salamony and Gina M. Brown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear rough around the edges
i look often at your blog and
enjoy the variety.magenta

Robin Olsen said...

Thanks Magenta--I'm glad you said hi.

jude said...

a great calmer...