Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Flock

I have been having so much fun making these fabric birds lately.  When I add the beak and eyes, each one takes on its own expression and feels like a unique little character.   I wanted them to look like they were gathered bits, almost like a bower bird's collection of fibers for nest building.  This first set I call my graffiti line.  I painted the black background fabric with white writing and markings.


The photos are not the best.  These little guys are meant to be flying.


The second line is the Shabby Chic group.  I always work with so much color that I decided to try an emphasis on texture this time, using white and creams with only an accent of color.

All of the birds have scribble lines of machine and hand stitching.

They are all made from an assortment of vintage, recycled and found fabrics.  

1 comment:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Congratulations on starting your blog. Your art if very inspirational and I want one of your birds! Paula