Friday, May 4, 2018

Texture

It was texture week at CVP.  Since we are working on wood panels, there are lots of opportunities for scratching, sanding, gouging and scraping.  I don't know that I'll be doing any of those regularly, but I did fall in love with using a trowel to put on thick, smooth layers of paint.

And I do love the depth you can get with some texturing techniques.  This first piece had sanding and glazing and scratching.  Those opaque white areas were put on with the trowel.




I probably went a little trowel crazy on this one, but I adore those smooth, creamy surfaces, and they are perfect for drawing back into and for revealing bits of color underneath.



I'll be away traveling for a while and won't be posting until the end of the month.  I'm sad I have to miss the last two weeks of CVP, but we have all year to revisit it.  I'll be catching up then and reflecting on what I have learned from the whole thing.

No comments: