Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Arranging Components

I've been playing around with arranging the individual components from my 2016 daily stitch project.  I like their rough and irregular edges.





When I was making the components, I thought they would go together into one large piece when they were done, with the days flowing into months, the months into a whole year, but now that looks crazy, busy and all the nice edges get lost. 



I could join them with some transparency in between, so they are together but separate.


I think I'm liking the long, skinny arrangements best, but each month's panel will end up over 10 feet long. I'll have to play with these for a while.  Each month may get broken into two separate panels, so they can fit on a wall. 



Judy Martin has a beautiful blog post about Dorothy Caldwell and her latest work.  You can read it here.

No comments: