Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tag Tuesday


I was catching up on some blog reading and found so many fun challenges/classes/themes for the new year that I could spin in all sorts of new directions. But I was especially drawn to Carolyn Saxby's Tag Tuesday challenge. Unfortunately it was full by the time I found it, but I decided to play along on my own.

Carolyn gives a theme each Tuesday for a tag to be created that week. The nice thing about playing alone is I can use whatever rules I want, so I decided I wasn't that interested in tags themselves, but I do like the challenge of experimenting on a very small canvas with a theme to challenge me.

So here is my non-tag for the challenge "White" this week. Thinking snowballs, using a variety of silk and other fabric samples/scraps.




Actually I see I'm a week behind and everyone is already posting the next challenge "Vintage," so I'll try to squeeze another one in before next Tues. and get with the program.

3 comments:

Lynne with an e said...

That is so funny that you decide to play alone and throw all the rules out the window and don't even do any thing the original challenge was about. A true original! I love it. Inspiration comes in many unexpected forms, even when it goes completely off the rails.

Jacky said...

Wow...I love your tag. Such texture with the fabric covered (snow)balls.
I'm even further behind than you. Havent posted a pic of my white tag...so am going to make sure my vintage tag is ready on time this week!!!

Look forward to seeing whay you do.

Jacky xox

Diana Taylor said...

Found your blog through Tag Tuesday - I just love your white snowballs. I've enjoyed browsing it and I also love the New Year garland and your wonderful use of bright and vibrant colours - I think it's a brilliant idea - my house is looking so glum since the decorations came down, plus it's a drab time of year anyway. So... I think I might copy your idea and liven my place up a bit. Thanks!