Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to the Dots

I'm going to be traveling later this fall, so I've decided to use Sept. to get lots of my little gift items ready for my art group's Dec. show.

Last year I made little dots of fabric and put them everywhere. You can see them here and here.


They were so much fun to play with that they will be reappearing in new forms this year.

I'm restocking my little hearts since they sold out last year. This year I'm experimenting with using big, graphic black and white prints as the backgrounds:


And I'm making some fantasy landscape bookmarks:

And my dots make perfect owl eyes. I'm trying some larger guys:


If you are in the Portland area, mark your calendars for Dec. 3 and 4 at Multnomah Art Center. It's always a really fun show.

6 comments:

Lynne with an e said...

Seeing dots before your eyes? Going dotty? Connecting the dots? A gal's dot to do what a gals dot to do.

Jacky said...

Your fantasy dots looks wonderful...I have played with some with felt and fabric and a little bit of hand stitching...they add such a lovely dimension to your art.
Loving everything you do.

Jacky xox

arlee said...

ah, i like your exuberant use of colour and shape!

Tory Brokenshire said...

I forgot what to say after reading the comment from ...louciao... I'm laughing. Well it was someting about wanting an owl and bookmark I love them.

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Your dots are sure colorful and a lot of fun. I really like the lines and use of your dots in the landscape bookmarks. Please save one for me.

Z'anne said...

Love, Love, Love your owls, Robin!
I hope you make tons more for the show so I can buy a couple. <8
That's the closest I can come to an owl in geek speek.