Monday, May 11, 2009

Out of Season


It feels strange to be working on fall leaves when pink blossoms are everywhere, but this background was a leftover from Jude's Crazy Quilt Revisited "What If" challenge, and I wanted to make a fall piece with it. I had cut printed leaves out of a fabric I liked and planned on adding them to the background, but they resisted. I finally gave up on them and then the piece went in its own direction. Maybe this light, joyful version of fall has a little springtime in it.



3 comments:

gerfiles said...

It´s poetic, but funny too. Is there more crazy seasonmix hidden away in the little parcels...? I´ve been thinking of autumn leaves myself recently - from a chestnut tree in front of my window (infested by moths, most of them are) yellow leaves are falling already...

Anonymous said...

lovely - and it is autumn here. we have lots of trees that have new leaves in spring that are these coppery, reddish tones when they are new and go green as they mature. so it looks very spring like to me

Karen said...

I particularly love the text in this piece, it definitely adds ''something'' to a gorgeous piece of work.